For optimal flavor, make it several hours or even overnight before serving to allow the ingredients to meld together and the soup to chill.
Recipe is slightly adapted from Flour, too by Joanne Chang.
- 2 lbs. seedless green grapes, stemmed
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds or whole blanched almonds
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 T. fresh cilantro
- 3 T. good quality sherry vinegar
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 english cucumbers cut into 2 inch pieces crosswise
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Combine the grapes, almonds, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice, cucumbers, olive oil and salt. Add to blender in batches and pulse until blended but slightly chunky. Do not overblend.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to chill the soup and meld the flavors together.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.