I won’t be attempting to make soupy dumplings any time soon. I’ll leave that job to those with more skill and experience. Bok choy on the other hand, couldn’t be quicker or easier to prepare. It can be made in less than 10 minutes. Look for baby bok choy. It’s sweeter and more tender. You just may find yourself wanting to eat it every day!
|Bok Choy with Shitake Mushrooms||
- 3 T. canola oil
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1/4 lb. shitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps thinly sliced
- 2 lbs. baby bok choy, rinsed and cut into thirds
- 2 T. rice wine
- 1-1/2 T. fish sauce
- 1 T. chicken stock or water
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot.
- Add oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add garlic and cook 5 seconds.
- Add shitakes and stir fry 30 seconds until softened.
- Add bok choy and rice wine.
- Mix together with mushrooms and garlic.
- Add fish sauce and chicken stock.
- Cook until the bok choy is tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- If after 2 minutes the bok choy is still crunchy, cover the wok and cook until tender.
- Serve immediately.