But hey, no one needs to know that.
It’ll be our little secret.
Rotisserie chicken, pre-washed romaine lettuce, and broccoli slaw mix are the secret ingredients. They make assembly of this salad quick and easy. A little chopping and and you’re almost done. All that’s left is the dressing which comes together quickly in a food processor.
|15 min. Asian Chicken Salad||
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 package broccoli slaw mix
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame, defrosted
- 3 scallions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1/2 red, yellow, or orange sweet pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- Asian Peanut Dressing:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 3 t. soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 t. sweet chili sauce or 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 t. sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- In a large salad bowl, mix together romaine lettuce, broccoli slaw, cilantro, edamame, scallions, and bell pepper. Add chicken and avocado.
- Place dressing ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth and emulsified, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.