If you’ve never grilled salmon on cedar planks before, I urge you to give it a try. The planks are easy to use and the rewards are many. Grilled on planks, salmon stays moist and tender while maintaining it’s shape. Cleanup is minimal. Prep is a snap.
To prevent burning, submerge the plank in water for at least 2 hours. It will float to the top so weigh it down with a heavy object.
Add your favorite marinade to the salmon 30 minutes before grilling.
Cedar planks can be purchased at Costco, Williams-Sonoma, Sur La Table, and select grocery stores
|Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon|
- Salmon Filet
- Cedar Plank
- Marinade of your choice for fish
- Lemon Slices
- Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Submerge plank in water for at least 2 hours
- Marinade salmon 30 minutes before grilling
- Turn grill on high and close lid
- When temperature is reached, lower to medium low
- Remove plank from water
- Place salmon onto plank
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top with lemon slices
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme
- Place plank on grill and cover with lid
- Cook about 20 minutes, depending on thickness
- Transfer to serving dish