In a large bowl, add enough cold water to cover the beans by 2″. Set aside overnight, or for at least 6-8 hours.
|How to Make Perfect Hummus||
- 4 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 4 lemons, or to taste
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 t. kosher salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper, (optional) if you like a little heat
- reserved cooking liquid
- Purée beans in the bowl of a food processor, adding a little of the reserved water if necessary. Then add tahini, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice. Process for about a minute, then with machine still running, add olive oil in a stream. Add the reserved cooking liquid a little at a time until you’ve reached the desired consistency.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks, olives, and pita chips.